Is it a Kit or is it a Bundle?
Sometimes these words are used interchangeably. Here is how we distinguish between Kits and Bundles.
Kit: A kit is used in GroovePacker when the customer purchases a single SKU and a number of part SKUS must be scanned and shipped. A key point is that only the Kit SKU appears as a line item in the order. When a kit is setup in GroovePacker these part SKUS are associated with the Kit SKU so that GroovePacker can guide the packer as they scan each of the Kit part SKUS.
Bundle: The term bundle can either refer to this same Kit setup or it can refer to Bundles as they are setup in Magento. In Magento, when a bundle is ordered the bundle SKU is added as a line item in the order as well as each of the SKUs that are part of the bundle. Since all of the SKUs are included as line items in the order a kit does not need to be setup. One setup step is required though. The bundle SKU, which will not actually be scanned, should be set to "intangible" by selecting the bundle SKU in the products list and enabling the intangible switch on the scanning options tab.
Now that you know how Magento bundles are set up, let's look the steps for setting up Kits in GroovePacker.
Adding Items to a Kit
- Click the 'add items to kit' button, and it will present a list of possible items.
- From there, you can type the sku, partial sku, product name or partial product name, and it narrows the available items according to what you've searched.
- You can now click to highlight an item, and continue searching and clicking new items (for multiple items).
- When all of your items are selected, hit 'save and close.'
- They're all added to the kit at once, and your inventory levels are shown.
- If there are more than one item in the kit, you can specify with 'quantity in kit.'
- It also asks you for the packing order, which is how the items will be prompted on the Scan and Pack page.
Removing Kit Items
- Select one or more of the kit items by clicking their row in the kit item list. They will highlight green.
- Click the Remove Selected button below the kit item list to remove the selected items.
Options for Scanning
Examples / Common Uses
In order to maintain inventory accuracy kits should be created before orders containing the kit are imported. If this is not possible the order can be removed and re-imported after the kit setup is complete.
It's helpful to create aliases before creating the kit.